Main areas of activity of the company:
We do all types of laser welding
- Welding of materials and items;
- Restoration of molds;
- laser surfacing of molds;
- seam welding;
- welding with seam sealing;
- spot laser welding;
LASER WELDING AND MOLD LASER SURFACING
Laser welding possess several essential advantages over the regular technologies: rapid realization of the process with a single run and without additional edging, minimal heat-affected zone, absence of stress (strain) and increased corrosion resistance. Based on the results of some experiments, maximum possible thickness of weld carbon steel is approximately proportional to mean laser emission power. 10 mm thick carbon and alloyed steels are easily welded with laser welding. Advantages of laser welding are best demonstrated when welding thin items (up to 1 mm): electric contacts, device cases, storage batteries, bellows, switches, transformer cores. High quality welding of jewellery made of gold, platinum (necklaces, rings) as well as wielding of thermocouples (thermo pairs), current leads etc., is possible.
Laser welding is successfully utilized in production of medical equipment as well as surgical and dental implants. Laser welding is an indispensable tool in welding of certain metals such as titanium, nitinol, chrome, cobalt, hard-alloy metals, types of stainless steels used in medicine etc.
Laser welding technology can be successfully employed for welding of thin-walled (1 mm) tubes for heat exchangers, made of titanium, when high reliability – which is especially important in nuclear industry – is required. Welding of burn-through and arc-seam welds on steels with various degrees of alloying. Welding with through and incomplete penetration for all types of welds (joints) – butt-seam welds, single-sided and double-sided welds, welds with backing bottom run, angle joints, T-joints and lap-welded joints using composite and various types of steels.
Advantages of Laser Welding:
- High productivity;
- Low labor content;
- High quality of welded joints (mechanical properties of the welds) – the quality of the joints is the same as the quality of the parent material plus increased corrosion resistance, resistance to formation of hot and cold cracks, minimal heat-affected zone, fine-grained and fine-dispersed structure of the weld itself. Decreased temperature of preheating and concurrent heating as well as reduction (or exclusion) of the cycle of post-welding thermal processing;
- Minimal welding distortions (3-5 times lower than with arc welding which is particularly effective and important in shipbuilding industry);
- Capacity of performing unique technological tasks – welding materials of very broad spectrum – from high-alloy and high-carbon steels through alloys based on copper, titanium, plastic, ceramics, glass; welding various joints including joints located in nooks and in different spatial positions, with the laser beam declivity angle up to 30 degrees to the surface of a work-piece; ability to create different types of joints when use of traditional welding methods is not possible.
MOLD LASER SURFACING
Laser surfacing (or overlaying welding) is coating the surface of a work-piece with a layer of material that possesses required performance specifications.
The laser surfacing offered by us permits to:
- Elaborately repair the cavities and cracks in molds, including aluminum molds, at an early stage of origination;
- Rectify flaws emerging in the process of manufacturing molds and die tooling;
- Minimize the heat-affected zone while repairing molds;
- Save a lot of money, efforts and time on manufacturing new molds for your enterprise in substitution of the old ones;
- Implement the technology of local thermo-strengthening of die tooling.
The laser equipment is intended for production as well as restoration of molds. The system is suitable for restoration of precision molds used for molding or die forming in mechanical engineering, instrument engineering and light industry. Restored molds do not yield to new ones in quality, so they may be operated in production for a long time. As a result, the prime cost of your products will significantly decrease and the operating efficiency of the enterprise will increase. In addition, this technology can be used for modification of molds or changing their dimensions or geometry and this in its turn will minimize the time required for modification of the manufacturing process for production of your goods.